It is a matter of pride that Central Depository Company is Pakistan’ first and among the very few organizations in the country and in the world to achieve ISO/IEC 22301: 2015 for its Business Continuity Management Program.
The objective behind this extensive preparation for the past two decades is to ensure that under any unforeseen circumstances – whether its natural disasters, incidents or uncertainties – CDC’s critical business operations continue with optimum efficiency and without any hindrance for all stakeholders.
Continuing with our commitment and resolve to increase our standards of business resiliency, CDC was the first capital market entity to establish a purpose built, dedicated Contingency Site in the year 2000. In line to this endeavor, CDC’s BCP site was recently consolidated from two different sites to a single, augmented and well equipped premises.
Mr. Aamir Khan, Chairman Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) inaugurated the BCP site on February 24, 2020 in the presence of CDC’s Board of Directors and Senior Management. Mr. Badiuddin Akber, CEO-CDC gave a briefing on the infrastructure and facilities of the site which has a capacity to accommodate 100 people. His briefing covered the following key features of the BCP site:
- Fulfills requirements of ISO 22301:2012 globally accepted business continuity standard and BCI Guidelines.
- Information Security – Multifaceted measures and technological measures embedded to avoid data loss, information breach and unapproved access.
- Monitoring Systems – 24/7 monitoring and security measures have been aligned to trigger warnings regarding utility failures, equipment malfunction and disrupting threats that may hamper routine business activities.
- Resilient Telecommunications Networks – All systems are designed to ensure clear communication and connection is established at all times without delay or failure.
- Physical Security. Alleviating theft and unauthorized entry. CCTV monitoring.
- Contact with Emergency Services such as police, fire, ambulance, government agencies and local authorities;
- Emergency evacuation direction;
Chairman SECP, Mr. Aamir Khan greatly appreciated the efforts made by CDC as part of its Business Continuity Management Program.