Investor Account is directly opened and maintained with Central Depository Company (CDC) similar to the Sub-Account maintained with Participants. Investor Account Holders have complete control over securities and can move securities and perform transaction in the similar fashion performed through Commercial Banks. To open an account, investors need to fill out the Investor Account Opening Form available at the customer support counters at CDC offices or download it from CDC website.
Individual Investor Account
Individual(s) either resident/non-resident Pakistani or foreigner can open Investor Account with CDC. Maximum four individuals i.e. a Title and three Joint Account Holders can open an account. Following are the formalities and documentation requirement for opening of account.
Requirements for Account Opening
- Duly filled and signed Account Opening Form (AOF).
- If the form is downloaded from CDC website, then all pages of the form should be signed by Title and Joint Account Holder(s).
- Bank Verification on AOF from the bank where Title Account Holder is maintaining a bank account.
- Physical presence of Title and Joint Account Holder(s) at any of the CDC Offices along with valid original CNIC(s).
- Copies of valid CNIC(s) of Title and Joint Account Holder(s).
- Residential & Zakat status of all Title and Joint Account Holder(s) must be same.
- Local Mobile Number and/or email address.
- Copy of Zakat Declaration (CZ-50) duly attested by notary public as per the prescribed format for Zakat exemption (Optional).
- For Non-Muslims, written request for Zakat non-applicability.
- Affidavit for nomination on prescribed format duly attested by Notary Public along with copy of CNIC / NICOP / Passport or Form-B of nominee (Optional).
- Power of Attorney duly attested by Notary Public on prescribed format duly signed by all Account Holders (optional).
- Copy of NTN certificate, if NTN is provided in AOF.
- Signature card duly signed by all the Joint Account Holders (for non-resident Pakistanis / foreigners).
- Copy of NICOP for non-resident Pakistanis, Passport for foreigners duly attested by Consulate office of Pakistan or Notary Public of respective country.
- For transfer of securities from/to Investor Account to/from Sub-Account maintained with TREC Holder (Stock Broker), there should be identical account holders in both accounts (IAS and Sub-Account).
Company or other Body Corporate Investor Account
Local and foreign entities such as companies, societies, trusts, etc. can open Investor Account with CDC.
Requirements for Account Opening
- Certificate of Incorporation / Registration.
- Certificate of commencement of business, if applicable.
- Memorandum & Article of Association / By Laws / Charter (relevant documents where applicable).
- Board Resolution on prescribed format.
- Specimen Signatures of Authorized Signatories on signature card with Corporate Stamp.
- Registered Trust Deed (in case of Trust), NTN certificate or Tax Exemption certificate, if Trust is not registered.
- NTN certificate.
- CNIC / NICOP/Passport of authorized signatory.
- List of directors.
- All the above mentioned documents should be true certified i.e. attested by Company Secretary/ two directors / two Trustees.
- In case of foreign entity, documents should be attested by the Consulate office of Pakistan or Notary Public of the respective country.
- CDC may require any additional documents, if required.
Deposit of Physical Securities
As physical securities are not traded in the market, therefore securities are required to be converted into electronic form. It’s a two-step transaction, initiated by IAS and forwarded to the respective R/TA. Upon approval by R/TA, securities become available in relevant Investor Account.
- Duly filled and signed Securities Deposit Form.
- Physical certificate should be in the name of IAS Account Holder (Title/Joint Account Holder) with verified transfer deed.
- Share transfer stamps as per the prevailing rate.
- Valid CNIC/NICOP/Passport copy of shareholder.
- For charges, please refer tariff schedule.
Transfer of Securities through Transaction Order (T.O.)
Transfer of securities through Portfolio Transfer from IAS to Sub-Account is executed where UIN of all account holders are identical on the basis of T.O. For charges, please refer tariff schedule.
Transactions through Gift Deed
IAS Account Holder may gift securities to another IAS / Sub-Account Holder, provided that donor and donee are blood relatives having relation of father/mother/spouse/son/daughter/brother/sister. Gift deed as per the prescribed format along with duly filled and signed T.O. is required. For charges, please refer tariff schedule.
Pledge of Securities
Account Holder may pledge available security (ies) in favor of eligible pledge. Securities are lien marked on the instruction of Account Holder by submitting Securities Pledge Form.
Withdrawal of Securities
Account Holder may convert their securities from electronic to physical form. This instruction is sent to the relevant R/TA for issuance of physical certificates. R/TA dispatches certificates to the Account Holder on their registered address.
- Duly filled and signed Securities Withdrawal Form.
- Copies of CNIC / NICOP / Passport of Title Account Holder and all Joint Account Holders or Nominee, as applicable.
- Copy of Zakat declaration.
- Shares transfer stamps as per the prevailing rate.
- For charges, please refer tariff schedule.
Unpaid Rights Subscription
Unpaid Right Subscription Request is subscribed on the instruction of Account Holder via following modes:
- Duly signed letter submit at CDC offices
- Registered email address on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax on 021-34326031
After opening an IAS account, account holders can update the following details as per requirement:
Registration Details Update
Contact Details Update
For change of contact details i.e. contact number, local mobile number, email address etc. duly signed letter or Updation Form is required as per the operating instructions. For change of address in addition to the letter or Updation Form, documentary proof of address is also required for example CNIC / NICOP / Passport or utility bill etc. However Title Account Holder may personally visit along with original CNIC for change of address without any documentary proof.
Zakat Status Update
To update Zakat status as Zakat non-payable, letter or Updation Form along with notarized copy of Zakat Declaration is required.
Dividend Mandate Update
Dividend Mandate i.e. bank details for receiving dividend warrant directly into bank account is added/updated upon letter or Updation Form.
NTN is updated either upon receiving duly signed letter/Updation Form or by an email sent through registered email address on email@example.com.
Physical presence is required along with original CNIC to update the record and for non-resident / foreign account duly signed signature card.
Issuance of Transaction Order (T.O.) Book
For issuance of new T.O. Book, duly signed requisition slip (available in previous issued T.O. Book) is required.
Loss Mark T.O. Book / T.O. Leave
Upon loss of T.O. Book / T.O. leave(s), intimate to CDC in writing by providing duly signed letter along with an undertaking on plain paper on prescribed format or visit at any CDC office along with original CNIC.
To update details in corporate account, duly signed letter is required on letterhead. Further, for signatory (ies) update, a board resolution is also required in addition to the letter.
Duly filled and signed Account Closing Request / Form.
Investor Account Holder is required to maintain sufficient cash balance in IAS Account for smooth processing of transactions. Mode of payments is as follows:
- Cash up to Rs. 5000/ or through instruments in favor of Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited paid at CDC offices or at designated branches of UBL. In case of payment through instrument, credit of net amount will be given upon realization of instrument.
- Non-Resident Pakistanis / Foreigners can make payments directly to the CDC bank accounts, however credit will be given upon receiving email from registered email address on firstname.lastname@example.org and after necessary verification from bank.
For details please refer guidelines for payment of dues.
Value Added Services of IAS
By providing local mobile number and email address, you will start receiving alerts (SMS & eAlerts) on your transactions. Furthermore, you can access your account details anytime, anywhere with the CDC access account information portfolio which comprises of the following channels:
CDC access – IVR
A 24/7 Interactive Voice Response system supported by a state-of-the art call center, managed by trained and dedicated customer support staff (9am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday) through a toll free number 0800-23275 (CDCPL).
CDC access – Web
Investor Account holders can access account information through https://www.cdcaccess.com.pk
CDC access – SMS
Gives an added level of convenience to investors by providing them their account info on their mobile screens.
CDC access – eAlert
Provides alert messages on real time basis about account related transactions in the email inbox of Investor Account Holders.
CDC access – eStatement
Account balance statement is sent to Investor Account holder’s mailing address on a monthly or quarterly basis, depending on his / her choice.