Roshan Digital Account
CDC’s facilitation for Investment in Pakistan Stock Market through Roshan Digital Account
An initiative by the Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited under the regulatory ambit of State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) and Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) to facilitate Overseas Pakistanis – the most valuable asset of the country.
About Roshan Digital Account
Roshan Digital Account is a landmark initiative by the State Bank of Pakistan to facilitate Non-Resident Individual Pakistanis (NRIPs) in opening a digital / online bank account with SBP designated banks. This account can be opened in only 14 clicks, by providing only 6 documents and in just 48 hours. There is no need to visit a bank branch or the consulate/embassy. Through this unique account, Non-Resident Pakistanis can avail banking services like remittances & payment of utility bills and also invest in various instruments in Pakistan.
About Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDC)
Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDC) is the sole securities depository of the country, handling the electronic (paperless) settlement of transactions carried out at the Pakistan Stock Exchange. CDC’s main function is to operate the Central Depository System (CDS) for all financial instruments traded on the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX). CDC is the epicentre of all critical activities taking place in the Pakistan Stock Market.
For those Roshan Digital Account holders who are interested in investing in the Pakistan Stock Market, CDC will act as the Central Hub by collecting their account information from banks and processing it further to enable them to trade on PSX.
Investment Options available through Roshan Digital Account
Roshan Digital Account provides an efficient, secure and convenient mechanism for Non-Resident Individual Pakistanis to invest in various instruments including fixed deposit products offered by banks, stocks / equities being traded on Pakistan Stock Exchange, buy Government Bonds and Securities, etc. Moreover, other investment options including real estate, mutual funds and Naya Pakistan Certificates will be made available for investment soon.
Investing in Pakistan Stock Market through Roshan Digital Account
Through the Roshan Digital Account, Non-Resident Individual Pakistanis can start investing in the Pakistan Stock Market by taking just the following three steps:
- Consent to respective bank to share Roshan Digital Account Details with Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDC)
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions of Investing in Pakistan Capital Market
Selection of Broker
Role of CDC:
Upon receiving NRIP’s information, CDC will take the following steps:
- Forward it to National Clearing Company of Pakistan Limited (NCCPL) for creation and registration of NRIP’s Unique Identification Number (UIN)
- Facilitate the opening of NRIP’s Trading Account by forwarding UIN and above mentioned information to NRIP’s selected broker.
- Open CDC Custody Account of the NRIP and share its Registration Details with him/her.
After the aforementioned steps, the NRIP will be ready to invest in the Pakistan Stock Market through their Roshan Digital Account.
Detailed process flows of investment in stock market by NRP through Roshan Digital Account (RDA)
Banks connected with CDC
Guideline and Procedures
- Guidelines for eIPO Process for Roshan Digital Account.
- Guidelines for Roshan Digital Account (RDA) holders regarding right subscription and its payment.
- The DOs and DON’Ts for Roshan Digital Account (RDA) Holders making eIPO Subscription through CDC’s eServices Portal.
- Guidelines on Book Building Process of Citi Pharma Limited for Roshan Digital Account (RDA) Holders
- Guidelines on Book Building Process of Pakistan Aluminium Beverage Cans Limited for Roshan Digital Account (RDA) Holders
- DSS procedure for RDA.